The GFBR fellowship scheme is now open! The deadline for applications is 28 February 2022. This page provides details on eligibility, how to apply and the work of past fellows.
The GFBR fellowships provide a unique opportunity for the Forum participants to work in partnership to explore issues that have arisen during the course of a GFBR meeting. There are three types of fellowship: travel, project and meeting. The links below provide details on the three types of fellowships and what you’ll need to submit when you apply.
The fellowship scheme has been running since the re-launch of GFBR in 2015. Past and current fellows are listed in the tabs below, along with their outputs. You can also hear from the fellows directly in this series of short videos in which they describe their work and its impact.
The following conditions apply to all three fellowships:
- Applications for each round are only open to people who attended the most recent GFBR meeting.
- Applications should fit in with the goals of the GFBR and be relevant to the subject matter of the most recent GFBR meeting.
- The normal maximum that can be applied for is US$10,000 but a higher amount will be considered on a case-by-case basis in exceptional circumstances if there is a strong justification. Applicants should not automatically request the full normal maximum.
- Applications for conference attendance as a stand-alone activity will not be considered.
- Applicants must be based in a low- or middle income country.
- Applicants may only apply for one fellowship in any given year.
- Current and former fellows should wait at least 2 years after the completion of their first fellowship before submitting another application.
- An individual can receive a maximum of two fellowships throughout the lifetime of the scheme.